Management, Financial, Turnaround Consulting
Corporations cannot exist without an effective management structure. Everyday decision makers face new problems and barriers that they have to overcome with greater speed and less expense than ever before. Often these problems cannot be solved due to lack of expertise, business strategy, organizational structure, corporate politics or narrowness of business-think.
The LA Consulting Curriculum focuses on:
- Turnaround Consulting
The Leveraged Academy Management & Turnaround Consulting Course explains the case study method using tools and resources from leading business schools and publications to prepare you for a career in management consulting at firms like McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Booz Allen, and FTI.
The course includes over 20 cases and three mock case interviews. Resume consulting for up to five iterations is included as well. The course also includes a written case exam and guides on brain teasers and on solving mental math questions.
This is a six (6) week course with an exam after each module (60%), three mock interviews (20%), and a written case study (20%) to be turned in at the end. The final case study incorporates strategies and frameworks learned in class. A Certificate will be issued to those students scoring above 75% in the course.
Modules / Weighting
- Class separated into 8 unique modules
Career Topics Covered: (10%)
- What is Management Consulting?
- What is Information Technology Consulting?
- What is Human Resources Consulting? What is Legal Consulting?
- What is compensation in the Consulting industry?
- What is expected of the analyst?
- What is expected of the associate?
- How can one get into a prestigious business school after being a Consulting analyst?
Case Solving/Interview Topics Covered: (20%)
- Applying frameworks
- Top-down vs. bottom up approach
- Information gathering
- Interpreting graphs and exhibits
- Creating Charts
- Producing recommendations
Problem Solving Topics Covered: (30%)
- Framing the problem
- Strategy, Strategic Fit
- Logic/Issue Tree
- Initial Hypothesis
- Designing the analysis/ developing an approach
- Research techniques
- Gathering the data
- Interpreting the findings
- Recommendation building
Presentation Topics Covered: (20%)
- Defining the situation
- Designing the presentation
- Delivering the presentation
- Introduction to Business Thinking
- Presenting logic in Writing
- Applying the “pyramid structure”
- Deductive approach
- Inductive approach
- Highlighting Your Structure
- Ordering your thoughts
- Problem Solving Process